The Effing Foundation for Sex-Positivity
There are presently no open calls for applications.
Our mission is to reduce sexual shame by fostering sex-positive art and education. The Effing Foundation promotes sexuality education and artistic expression of sexuality by making grants to #ownvoices organizations, groups, and projects that are run by women (cisgender and transgender), people who are members of gender/(a)sexuality/relationship minorities, people of color, people of size, neurodiverse people, and/or people with disabilities (including mental illness, chronic illness, and/or other physical disabilities).
We are currently seeking sex-positive projects (long or short term) for potential grant funding. This questionnaire is the first step of being invited to submit a full grant application.
We are asking people who are interested in applying for an Effing Foundation grant to complete this questionnaire by 11:59pm US Eastern time on Wednesday, July 31, 2019. This will let us know a bit about who you are and what you are interested in doing. You will be notified on or about Monday, August 26, 2018, whether or not you are invited to submit a full grant application.
If this online questionnaire is difficult for you to complete because of its format, please contact us about alternative submission methods (firstname.lastname@example.org). A text-only version of these application forms is available here.
For more information about our grant program, please see:
- Our list of past grant recipients
- Our grant funding demographics
- You can read our Frequently Asked Questions or listen to them on SoundCloud.
Please select the application form below that best describes your situation:
- Individual: This category is for individuals who are doing or want to do a sex-positive project or ongoing sex-positive work, and there isn't anyone else who's putting about as much time and energy into this work as you.
- Group or Organization: This category is for all teams, groups, and organizations. You're part of a group of people that is doing or wants to do a sex-positive project or ongoing sex-positive work. You, the person submitting this application, have at least one collaborator (meaning there's at least one other person who is putting about as much time and energy into the work as you are.)